Book of the Month: Nourishing Traditions
Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
Have you ever bought a cook book and hoped it would miraculously answer all your culinary and food questions? Ever wondered not the calories found with-in the recipes, but the nutritional value of that meal you were making? Ever pondered on what different vitamins and minerals are good for and why they are important to have in your recipes? Well I sure did I would have to alter, further research and adapt all recipes I found prior to reading (yes reading) Nourishing Traditions. Consider this book an encyclopedic recipe book with pages solely dedicated to dense foods and real health served fresh.
Nourishing Traditions is filled with facts and tips on: (this is just her Introduction Chapter), do you see what I mean about reading :)
- Salts, Herbs, & Spices
- Special Diets
- Parting Foods
- Kitchen Equipment
- Cooking Tips and Tricks
The following chapters contain:
- Mastering the basics; Here you will find the basics needed to prepare wholesome, delicious recipes for you and your family. In this chapter you learn how to make:
- Your own yogurt
- Fermented Veggies & Fruits
- Sprouted grains
- Soak seeds and nuts
- Stock based sauces
- Your own amazing salad dressings and sauces
- Marinades and condiments
- And my favorite learn about natures best kept secret coconut and things made of’
- Great Beginnings; If your looking to protect your thyroid, or nourish your children pre and post birth this is your chapter! Covering:
- An ethic variety of hors d’ oeuvres spotlighting fish eggs.
- Vegetable Salads
- Raw meat appetizers
- Gourmet Appetizers
- Main Courses; With information pages to each flesh food at the start of each section. Such as:
- Organ Meats
- Beef & Lamb
- Ground Meats
- A Catalog of vegetables; this title is an understatement of the knowledge found with in this next chapter! covering:
- Every vegetable served in every way :)
- Luncheon & Superfoods; If you want to take your health to a new level…
- Everything form swordfish salad to black bean tostados
- Grains and Legumes; A crash course with great ideas and tips, including;
- Whole Grains
- Breads and flour products
- Baking with alternative grains (another favorite)!!
- Snacks and Finger foods; ahh the art of having healthy snacks available, but not too available to replace real meals from hungry bellies!
- Desserts; Everyones favorite :)
- Guide to Natural Sweeteners
- Sweets for kids of all ages ;)
- Pies and cakes
- Gourmet desserts
- Beverages; Like you have never imagined before! Meal replacement drinks have nothing on featured hearty drinks made from grains and nuts!
- Feeding Babies; Enriching the female and male diet even before conception and of course continued nutrition for those little growing bodies!
- Tonics and Superfoods; For those who wish to detoxify and/or fast.
This book is a must have for avid cooks, inquisitive foodies (me, me, me), and anyone who wishes to not only take their health to the next level but also know why and how they are doing it!
To learn more about Sally Fallon or The Weston A. Price Foundation which Sally is the president of please visit www.westonaprice.org.
New Trends Publishing
676 pages of goodness
Add to Cart